Filter and pump

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Neil2112

Filter and pump

Postby Neil2112 » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 19:14

I just purchased a 12x24 oval, and I am trying to find the right size pump and filter for that size. Is there a chart or website that would tell you which to get for that size pool? The woman in the store was not very helpful.
Thanks.

Cheri
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Cheri » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 16:12

I wouldn't use any thing bigger than a 1HP. Sta-rite makes the best pump/filters out there. My next choice would be Hayward, then PacFab. If it's not one of those 3, I'd steer clear of it.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Filter and pump

Postby Backglass » Sat 21 Jul, 2007 18:51

Neil2112 wrote:I just purchased a 12x24 oval, and I am trying to find the right size pump and filter for that size. Is there a chart or website that would tell you which to get for that size pool? The woman in the store was not very helpful.
Thanks.

You dont buy a pump by horsepower, you buy by flow.

First figure out how many gallons of water you have in your pool, then choose a pump than has the flow (gallons per minute) to completely "turn over" (pump all the water) in 8-10 hours. Every pump manufacture has a chart that shows the GPM of there pumps. Check out there websites and choose the one i=wuth the best flow. You also need to match the pump to your filter (or vice versa).
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
pool tech

pump and filter

Postby pool tech » Sat 04 Aug, 2007 04:30

Pentair and Sta-Rite are the best and made by the same company and Hayward has the worst products in the pool industry.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: pump and filter

Postby Backglass » Sat 04 Aug, 2007 09:06

pool tech wrote:Hayward has the worst products in the pool industry.

Bullshit. I have used Hayward products for years without incident. While pentair and sta-rite make excellent products, Hayward does as well.

Everybody hates #1 one, don't they! :lol:
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”