New Liner- Wster trucked in or garden hose

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.

New Liner- Wster trucked in or garden hose

Postby Guest » Tue 19 Jun, 2007 06:56

I am putting in a new inground pool liner. Is it better for the pool to use a garden hose or have it trucked in? One pool company is telling me it is better to use the hose, and the other one is telling me to truck it it because it will get all the wrinkles out. If I have it trucked in it will cost 800.00 if I use my hose it will only cost 120.00

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: New Liner- Wster trucked in or garden hose

Postby Backglass » Tue 19 Jun, 2007 08:22

Anonymous wrote:the other one is telling me to truck it it because it will get all the wrinkles out.

I dont see how a big hose or little hose makes any difference on wrinkles. In fact I would think it is easier to smooth out your liner with a small hose as you have more time. Once you get a foot of water in the pool you cant budge the liner anyway.

Anonymous wrote:If I have it trucked in it will cost 800.00 if I use my hose it will only cost 120.00

I think you just answered your question. ;) I think pool store #2 might be getting a kickback from the pool water guy.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Wed 20 Jun, 2007 23:08

I cannot imagine why they would tell you that unless your have well water or a known water problem in your area. I'd be going back and asking just how is it that trucked in water would help straighten a pool liner.

The company who would truck in the water isn't a relative of the pool company guy, per chance? Hey, it happens, unfortunately.

Come back with any info - I'm really curious now. You could also take a sample of your fill water and have it tested at a pool store or test it yourself and post those readings here. Testing for metals, though would need to be done at a pool store.
luckeypools

Postby luckeypools » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 18:00

Buggsw wrote:I cannot imagine why they would tell you that unless your have well water or a known water problem in your area. I'd be going back and asking just how is it that trucked in water would help straighten a pool liner.

The company who would truck in the water isn't a relative of the pool company guy, per chance? Hey, it happens, unfortunately.

Come back with any info - I'm really curious now. You could also take a sample of your fill water and have it tested at a pool store or test it yourself and post those readings here. Testing for metals, though would need to be done at a pool store.

Water off a truck in my area is $.065 a gallon. If you arent under water restrictions, fill with hose... The wrinkles aren't from the water. Its from the lack of prep and improper measurements of the pool liner. Doesn't matter if they measured it wrong and got with either water will make a difference. Right measurements, proper installation, including vacuuming the liner until 2/3 full and proper finishing out the pool bottom, that will make a liner wrinkle free.

Luke Norris
President

TUCKER,GA
Ickle
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Ickle » Sun 13 Jan, 2008 11:22

I fit on avareage 10 liners a year, for several people, (not on one site).
I would always use a small amount of water i.e. a hose pipe to start with, so as that any creases can be "worked" out. Once you have the floor covered with approx 25cm of water you can start to increase the flow rate to fill.
This in my experience has proved the best way, although i now also use a 12ft temporary above ground pool as a resevoir to help speed the fill process.
In my view use a hose pipe on a liner pool.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”