Underground pool removal and REINSTALL!!!

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
thechadlee
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: underground 18x36

Underground pool removal and REINSTALL!!!

Postby thechadlee » Thu 21 Mar, 2019 17:28

Hi, I am looking to DIY install an underground pool at my house. It just so happens that my in-laws have decided to remove their 18x36 in-ground pool and I will be doing the job for them. I want to know if anyone has successfully and carefully removed an in-ground pool and rebuilt and re-installed at another location. The steel walls and top rails are in great condition and all can be easily dismantled. Other info: Pump/filters are all newer and in working condition. Also have access to a free heater for this size pool. The liner will need to be replaced. I will run new piping and all new plumbing etc. I can dig the hole. I have the equipment to haul/dismantle/dig etc. Is there any reason I would not be able to do this?
I should add that I do this kind of crazy stuff all the time.
Thanks in advance!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Underground pool removal and REINSTALL!!!

Postby Teapot » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 08:39

No reason you can't do it if the structure is in good condition.
thechadlee
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: underground 18x36

Re: Underground pool removal and REINSTALL!!!

Postby thechadlee » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 16:14

That’s what I’m thinking. Basically I am looking at the cost of a new liner, PVC plumbing, some wiring, and some nuts/bolts...plus my labor, a few favors, and some fuel. After that I will have to spend a few thousand more on concrete, landscaping, and fencing to finalize and tie everything together. I think I can get it all done for less than $5k outta pocket.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”