swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Spaceman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Indoor pool renovation project

Indoor Pool Heating/Dehumidifying

Postby Spaceman » Wed 14 Aug, 2019 16:08

Anyone help. I am based in Manchester UK. Renovating an old indoor pool at the back of my house.

Had it pressure tested which was fine.
Next step is to choose a heating system to heat the water/ heat the room and dehumidify the room too.

The vents for warm air will be in the ceiling as I have plenty room for ducting above the ceiling.

Can anybody recommend a heating engineer to help design a ducting system to
Keep the room warm and dry?

Will I need a warm air duct into the toilet and changing room ? Or just use radiators and extraction fans ?

The pool will be heated by mains gas!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Indoor Pool Heating/Dehumidifying

Postby Teapot » Sun 18 Aug, 2019 14:51

Sorry can't help as I am down south. Best advice is no matter what the heating engineer says, go bigger on the heat exchanger. They seem to prefer a smaller heat exchanger but a recent install for one of my customers we used a Bowman solar heat exchanger as it's around 50% larger and it was a dramatic improvement over the crappy Certikin unit we removed. That with a HE Veissmann way outperformed the old Worcester Bosch.

Use radiators in the changing room as keeping everything tight and using heat recovery ducts will work so much more efficiently.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”