My Pool: Size: 40,000 gal
Sand Filter
Oklahoma Hot, humid weather
Bullnose liner inground pool
Concrete surface with peeling cool (kool) deck
Diving Board

Cool (Kool) Deck Peeling Horribly

Postby Cam7771 » Mon 21 Oct, 2019 15:09

Hi there! We're new home & pool owners that inherited a pool that has old, peeling kool deck all over it. It's looks like a weird, cheetah-printed kool deck/concrete combo! The peeling is so bad that I highly doubt a simple Kool Deck repair kit will fix the problem, and it is highly uneven... Like moon craters lol. I've received a couple different opinions from contractors. One mentioned grinding/power-washing the current kool deck and then replacing it with whatever else we wanted on the concrete slab. Removal would cost us $2500 alone... The other mentioned saving the money by leaving the current kool deck and just covering it up with a layer of concrete overlay (I question if the new concrete would adhere well to hodgepodged concrete/kool deck ?). We live in hot Oklahoma and have a bullnose pool liner that was replaced right before we moved in. I'm sure we're not the first to have this problem, and we would really like to keep this low budget since it's cosmetic... Does anyone have any suggestions or know someone who has had a similar issue? Thanks in advance!

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”