Pre-build in-ground vinyl pool question

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
WaveRider67
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In planning phase for inground, vinyl lined pool.

Pre-build in-ground vinyl pool question

Postby WaveRider67 » Thu 24 Oct, 2019 08:05

While planning an 18x36 in-ground, vinyl-lined, 8 foot deep pool for the backyard, we discovered on our property plat map that an utility easement exists that would come very close to deep end of the pool (within 2-3 feet) as we’ve currently marked the dig site.

We can’t move the pool in the other direction, away from the easement, due to an existing structure.

We live in central North Carolina...so, dense red clay county.

One question is regarding the potential digging in the easement by the utilities owner, should that ever happen. The easement contains an 8” PVC sewer line...it’s been there since our subdivision was built in 2003.

If digging did occur in the easement, I’m assuming that could be an issue due to the close proximity of the pool. Has anyone had to dig close to an in-ground pool or have any expertise in how this could compromise the pool’s integrity?

Also, how could the pool construction for a vinyl-lined pool be reinforced to mitigate the potential issue above?

Our backup plan is to drop the size to 16x32 with max depth of 6 feet to avoid any potential issues with the easement.

The probability is low that there will ever be the need to dig up/repair the sewer line in the easement but it’s still a possibility.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and knowledge on this matter.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”