swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
ollie2020uk
I'm new here
I'm new here

Another Pesky New Build

Postby ollie2020uk » Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:22

Evening all,

I'm looking to build a 24 x 12 x 4ft block & liner pool during the lockdown in the UK!! As I've just had my holiday cancelled I thought I'd plough the money I would have spent on that into building my own pool!!

I've covered most items in the build, however, I do have some questions if anyone is willing to share some experience/help!!

My main questions are:

What steel do I need to use for the base and for the walls? I've read on here about people using 3/8 mesh and rods?
How thick does my base need to be?
Can I liner the walls straight over blockwork or do I need to render them 1st?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

richie967
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 6.5m x 3.5m x 1.4m pool in progress. ICF

Re: Another Pesky New Build

Postby richie967 » Sun 30 Aug, 2020 07:02

Hi,

Did you ever get the pool done? I'm thinking of doing the same. Only a painted render finish as opposed to a liner. I'm new to the forum and will probably get slammed for tying to build my own (small) block pool.

For the floor, I believe a142 steel mesh. It'll be ready mixed c35 concrete, 150mm thick. 100mm larger than the walls.

For the walls, 10mm upright rebar for the walls inside each block, drilled into the base once the base has set.

I'm sure these questions have been answered before. I'll continue to go through these topics and post anything I find that's useful!

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”