Pool/Spa construction help

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Benj851
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool under construction. 18x28 with spa.

Pool/Spa construction help

Postby Benj851 » Fri 16 Oct, 2020 07:57

Hello;

I'm in the middle of a pool construction and I'm getting really confused with things. I've searched google at length, which led me here. But even here I don't see the answer's I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can assist me, or point me to a link/site that has more information. When we were sold the pool and signed the contract, we agreed to many things.

- A hot tub fully controlled via app, and has spa side controls with a 1hp blower.
- An automated system controlled via app.
- Wall mounted tablet dedicated to pool functions.
- two sun-shelfs, each with two bubblers, on separate valves (one per shelf).

Now I'm told that the spa will function off the pool pump, and side spa controls aren't a thing anymore because they break. I can control it off my phone. I was advised that the number of jets I'm getting will cause the pressure to be weak. I mentioned we were sold the 1hp blower to avoid this, and was told it runs off the pool pump. I was also told that if the bubblers are on separate valves, they will never be the same height and it doesn't make sense to do so.

I know I'm using Pentair SuperFlow VS for the spa/pool pump. I was told yesterday that I can either use their smart system with a remote or their smart system via the app I have to choose one of the two. When researching their site, further questions abound.

Outside the fact that the company salesperson isn't lining up with the builder, can you help with any of these questions?

Questions.
1. An airpump is clearly a thing, does it make sense that it would run off the side of the spa, or should it really be the pool pump for the jets? Is an air pump not needed in a pool/spa combo?
2. Are spa-side controls really a bygone thing?
3. If I have two values to control the bubbler sets on each sunshelf should I expect them to never align height wise?
4. I was told I'm not getting a main drain (in the contract, but I didn't see it at the time) for safety reasons in Florida. In the contract I bought their vacuum robot. Is that good enough?
5. I was told I'm not getting a wall mounted light switch because of the automated system. I want a switch eventually. Is a pool light able to be turned into a 3-way so either a switch or app could control it?
6. Now I'm told that I can either have a pentair remote, that controls everything, or a pentair mobile application. Not Both. Is that a thing?

Florida, 18x28 pool, 4 bubblers, 6 ft spa with 6 jets.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”