swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
lamia1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 35'

actual vs. contract size difference

Postby lamia1 » Sun 04 Apr, 2021 13:04

New pool construction is almost complete with pebbletek finish remaining. The measurement per the contract should be 12' x 35', but the actual measuring from tile perimeter is 1 1/4" short in both measurements. Shouldn't the size match the contract dimensions?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: actual vs. contract size difference

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 05 Apr, 2021 02:08

I would assume that the specified size would be the shell size and the plastering and finish would account for the discrepancy
I wouldn't even think to complain, it's probably within accepted tolerances
lamia1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 35'

Postby lamia1 » Wed 07 Apr, 2021 15:55

Thanks for the reply, but when you consider there is no shell, just shotcrete which is 1" less than contract length and width, (tile/pebble tec are the additional 1/4"), I don't see how that would be justified. In addition, the actual surface area is also less than the contract. I guess we'll see what his explanation is for this. I'll contact other pool co's to see if this is typical.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 08 Apr, 2021 03:12

I think you are being a little bit paranoid and the 1" is probably within their tolerances for the construction, maybe you have an extra 1" of concrete that they haven't charged you for as you can't be exact with shotcrete
Will be interested in finding what other companies have to say
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 08 Apr, 2021 07:34

The Olympic canoeing river in the UK was made of shotcrete the tolerance by the International Olympic Committee was 5mm. Just adding this for fun

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”