miscellaneous construction techniques.
pcscampbell
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Salt pool with pentair equipment. Approx 12,000 gallons

Dead return

Postby pcscampbell » Thu 15 Apr, 2021 14:32

Pool Newbie here.

Our pool was recently built and i noticed an extra hole in the pool where nothing was coming in our out when the pumps were on. I counted our 4 return lines plus our vacuum line and couldn't figure what it was for.

I emailed the builder and they came out put a nipple on it and said don't worry you don't need it. That didn't sit right with me so at my weekly water test to pinch a penny i asked them and they suggested it could be connected to our spa ( we have spa jets on our swim out bench). They said if not, then the builder definitely messed up and built a dead line.

I got home, turned on the spa and still nothing.

Now i have a hole in the side of my pool with a return nipple on it. Is there anything else i should try/do? is this a big deal? should i demand that the builder activate this return?

Help and advice appreciated.

Thanks
Charles

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Dead return

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 16 Apr, 2021 01:51

Just insist that they tell you what it's for. You've paid for it
Forget about asking whoever as they don't have a clue what is there, only the builders would know

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”