swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
swoggyfrog
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12' x 33', concrete buried pool

Restoring Filled in Pool with Damaged Concrete

Postby swoggyfrog » Sat 05 Jun, 2021 12:20

I recently found out that the previous owner of my house buried a concrete pool. I started to dig it up, but discovered that it was partly demolished. (The top 1' or so of the walls were destroyed before burying, and the rebar is sheared off). Is there any way to fix these walls, or should I bury the pool again?

The pool was buried in 2011 and I don't know what the condition of everything else is yet.

yukon42
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: small 7000 gallon gunite inground pool

Re: Restoring Filled in Pool with Damaged Concrete

Postby yukon42 » Wed 05 Jan, 2022 16:00

This is just my opinion mind you; I would fill it back in. The cost of recovering that damaged pool along with ensuring all the accompaning piping is in order would, in my mind, be cost prohibitive. I would look into a self contained spa/hottub to get my water fix instead. If you are dead set on a pool, perhaps an above ground pool would work for you. What ever your decision, good luck.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 07 Jan, 2022 09:58

Too soon to give much info but the walls can be drilled, chemfix new rebar in and shuttering onto the existing wall after greening up the concrete with acid.
I would however probably change to a liner as you wouldn't know the integrity of the old walls now against leaks. Changing to liner or a sprayed polyurea coating may mean changing some fittings from concrete to liner versions. Thats the positive side of things but you should approach someone to look at it rather than us behind a computer. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
JG0203
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby JG0203 » Wed 16 Feb, 2022 06:52

I bored two holes in the bottom to allow the remainder of the water out and to prevent the pool from exploding.
They pop when the water table is high and the pool is pushed up.

There had been no rain for a long time before and after I began.

I then filled the pool with around 5k litres of water, and when it rained, therest of the pool was filled.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”