miscellaneous construction techniques.
djbast
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Large inground pool

Proper Pool Demo Equipment Removal

Postby djbast » Tue 31 Aug, 2021 11:20

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advise on the next steps I need to take for an inground pool we’re demoing. So far, we have several holes punched in the bottom and filled with gravel and the liner removed.

There is a section of pumps and things on the patio nearby that I have no clue about and obviously want to remove them as well.

What I’m hoping to figure out is if there’s anything that has to be done at this point before beginning the fill in process? I don’t want to get half a pool full of dirt and then discover there was some pump or pipe that needed removed first.

If all of the equipment can just be removed at any time, that would be wonderful and we can continue the fill in.

Any and all help appreciated.
Thank you! :D

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Proper Pool Demo Equipment Removal

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 31 Aug, 2021 15:32

Just remove the equipment when convenient
The gravel isn't necessary but the holes in the bottom will let excess water escape
Crushed concrete and a geotextile membrane to separate the soil from just filling up the voids in the crushed concrete/rubble
djbast
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Large inground pool

Postby djbast » Wed 01 Sep, 2021 08:57

Thank you so much on the reply, Dennis. Just so I’m clear, there shouldn’t be any pipes or drains or anything that I need to remove first at this stage that may be underground or in the sidewalls?
Thanks again!
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 01 Sep, 2021 12:08

Any old pipes and drains would just fill with water if the water table is that high
The only other thing to be careful of is electricy which may still be connected (lights)

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”