Questions about aquasport semi inground pool install.

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Chudwick
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground kit pool.

Questions about aquasport semi inground pool install.

Postby Chudwick » Wed 09 Feb, 2022 19:39

Hello. I put down a deposit on a aquasport 52 oval 17x32 pool and I’m in the planning stages getting ready to submit permit applications. I have figured most of what I need out already except for the pump and filter. My yard is on a pretty major slope and the side to run the utilities is on the high side of the pool. It’s actually the only way because of numerous obstructions.

On the high side the pump will be damn close to the water level if not higher. In addition to that the intention is to have all of the plumbing under the upper patio and I read somewhere that if you use an above ground pump system in the fashion that when the day comes to replace the liner that you’d have to dig up a section of the patio to access something. Swimming pools are not my specialty and information is scarce. Any ideas ?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Questions about aquasport semi inground pool install.

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 12 Feb, 2022 10:08

I put the pumps below the water level when possible saves primimg issues but you would need a valve before the pump to stop the water should you need to service the pump. Likewise on the return if you mount that lower which I try not to do. That is the return from the filter. Either way it sounds as if you may be planning to bury the equipment? You need to build a suitable plant room around it.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”