miscellaneous construction techniques.
rajivdr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Unite inground pool

Pool-Rebuild & Old Debris used to fill in

Postby rajivdr » Tue 26 Apr, 2022 10:57

Hi,
I have an unground pool that we are in the process of getting it replastered with pebble tech finish and adding a baja shelf along with new coping and wall, i had a few questions in regards to this, the contractor is using the debris from the old coping and the plaster and tile that they demoed, and they plan to use it along with rebar and pouring concrete on top of it to form the baja shelf.

Questions:
1. Is this normal practice considering its loose debris, worried that once concreted and plastered it can cause cracks on the surface and i will have to redo this all over again, i have attached picture see link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1enJllnG_-zb1rOhuyuCh9EmxCQfWSxET/view?usp=sharing of the debris and the orange line is the marking for the new shelf prior to the build.

2. What would be the best way to build the baja shelf if the above is not considered the right practice,

Any help and guidance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

R

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool-Rebuild & Old Debris used to fill in

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 26 Apr, 2022 15:34

The biggest problem that I can see is, how do you stop the shelf from sliding, is re-bar planned
I thing that if the rubble debris could be used as aggregate for the concrete with re-bar it would be suitable
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 26 Apr, 2022 16:21

Seconded based on not actually seeing the setup.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
rajivdr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Unite inground pool

Postby rajivdr » Tue 26 Apr, 2022 17:13

Thanks for the quick responses, feedback

Rebar is now added not sure if this is sufficient https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kX8nz_ ... sp=sharing

Let me know what you guys think

R
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 27 Apr, 2022 06:05

It doesn't look very thick and is it drilled into the existing concrete
Also a fair amount of cement slurry poured over the existing rubble debris will help bind it all together

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”