Pump/Filter room distance from infinity pool at 35 running meters- whether edge with overflow will work?

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
niki2021
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pump/Filter room distance from infinity pool at 35 running meters- whether edge with overflow will work?

Postby niki2021 » Sun 03 Jul, 2022 14:43

Dear all,

we ask your advice and help for the following and will appreciate!
We are invited for infinity pool construction with pool length 10 meters and width 4 meters,

BUT the customer has the room for pump/filter and other equipment at the distance from pool of about 35 running meters.

The question is whether the weir wall (acrylic glass) of the pool will work properly on all 10 meters length with such equipment room distance ?

what is the right distance of equipment location from the infinity pool for proper work in such a case ?

Look forward to your answer.

Best regards, Michel

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Pump/Filter room distance from infinity pool at 35 running meters- whether edge with overflow will work?

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 04 Jul, 2022 07:14

I presume you have the balance tank under the acrylic weir? In which case you can pump along way but obviously the shorter the better. Increase the pipe run diameter to lessen the losses. Up to about 10m would be more normal, why cant it be closer?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”