Replaster & Tile replacement estimate question.

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
poolowner in terxas

Postby poolowner in terxas » Thu 29 Nov, 2012 10:48

I am reading these posts and cannot believe it. Most of these contractors seems to be pussys. No one wants to give estimates. They are just estimates!!!! no one will hold you to them!!!
Please give some estimates for goodnes sake

Zlcoop

Postby Zlcoop » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 23:59

This was my quote from a pool guy I have used for 15 years.
The plaster guy is $4908.00 For demo and white plaster
The tile guy is $2206.00 for a group 3 tile choice ( Price includes tile)
If you still want tile on all seats and steps that would add $440.00 to price
Pool Start Up and filter clean would be $100.00

It also depends on the size of your pool. But yes they need to chisel out the old plaster to make it look good.
Pool Boys TX

Postby Pool Boys TX » Mon 15 Apr, 2013 13:23

Swimming Pool Replaster Estimate Example:

Swimming Pool size: 32ft x 16ft = 512sq.ft.

512sq.ft. x $8.00 = $4,096

125sq.ft. per 1 batch of plaster plus additional materials

512 / 125 = 4 batches of materials (round number)

1 batch of materials = $135.00

4 batches @ $135 each plus labor of prep and labor for plaster ($4,096) = a total of $4,636

PoolBoysTX com :thumbup: :thumbup: I hope this helps out a bit... sorry for the confusion guys!
polancos pools LLC
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We are a company that builds poolsbin arkansas and oklahoma the lowest prices.

Postby polancos pools LLC » Mon 02 Sep, 2013 21:07

We will replaster and put ne tile for cheaper prices call me
pollboy_bill

Re: Replaster & Tile replacement estimate question.

Postby pollboy_bill » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 12:56

czechmate wrote:
Rrmeis wrote:I am in the dfw area and got a quote to replaster only for about 3 k. Do you need to or is it recommended to replace the tile if its ok and only the plaster needs replaced? Thx

I live in the same area and replaster with Diamondbrite cost me $3,500, 3 years ago.
I replaced the tile myself and also did the prep.worth about $550.(exposing gunite below tile and around the inlets and wall steps).
The tile job was quoted $1560.00 (regular tile guy will not bid a pool job!).
The material cost me about $550.00 for 16'x32' oval.
ok_2017poolplay

Postby ok_2017poolplay » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 12:57

czechmate wrote:
Rrmeis wrote:I am in the dfw area and got a quote to replaster only for about 3 k. Do you need to or is it recommended to replace the tile if its ok and only the plaster needs replaced? Thx

I live in the same area and replaster with Diamondbrite cost me $3,500, 3 years ago.
I replaced the tile myself and also did the prep.worth about $550.(exposing gunite below tile and around the inlets and wall steps).
The tile job was quoted $1560.00 (regular tile guy will not bid a pool job!).
The material cost me about $550.00 for 16'x32' oval.
ok_2017poolplay

Postby ok_2017poolplay » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 13:13

wish i had done some shopping around, i have a 16x32 inground pool, probably 50 years old or more, not a crack or leak one just a few little pits and broken tile at the water line. went with a local pool company and it broke down like this .. had to pay $2786 at signing, had to pay $5000 after demo work, had to pay $3000 after tile install, then last payment of $2000 after plaster is done! For a total of $12786! Now i thought this was high but they had been in business since 1969 and were local so went with it, contract stated no more than 60 days to complete, that was on 3-7-2017, they haven't been here in about a month then finally showed today 6-13-2017, said would be plastered by 6-20-2017, i have paid all but the $2000, was supposed to be done by memorial weekend(had family coming in)then we talked and he said the following week, its now close to fathers day and have family out of state already purchased tickets etc. and now we will have no pool for that holiday either! Can someone tell me, is this normal practice? I don't want to be an ass and i have paid every dime promptly but i just don't feel i should have to pay the remaining $2000, any opinions out there?? This was done in N.E. Oklahoma, not sure what to do!! By the way, lot of pools popping up in this part of the country and very, very limited pool contractors!

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”