Poor Diamond Brite application and concerns

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Blue Horizon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30x15', Diamond Brite with tiles on floor, steps and waterline, chem treatment.

Poor Diamond Brite application and concerns

Postby Blue Horizon » Wed 30 Nov, 2022 09:07

We are looking for some help, we have recently refurbished our pool and the company doing the job has been awful to work with and the standards are extremely poor. As a result we have some concerns:

1) After application of new DB coating: it was left 6 days dry and in full sun, no water in pool. What are implications of this and is it acceptable?

2) Drying process resulted in bubbles (we think) and some cracking. Is this cause for concern?

4) Finish not even, different product/plaster densities witnessed. What are the longer term implications of this?

5) No treatments done to water, no testing done, no sequestering agent used etc. What are the implications?

Am keen to know if any of these items will affect the coating short term or longer term, and where to get formal advice.

Many thanks!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Poor Diamond Brite application and concerns

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 01 Dec, 2022 08:50

Google Kim Skinner, he is an expert on such things.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Blue Horizon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30x15', Diamond Brite with tiles on floor, steps and waterline, chem treatment.

Re: Poor Diamond Brite application and concerns

Postby Blue Horizon » Sun 04 Dec, 2022 08:26

we would very much your input, I think I know the answers.
Very keen to get formal response from Diamond Brite, does anyone know how to contact them, I have searched online and emailed, messaged, called, all with no response to date.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”