Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Backyardoasis
I'm new here
I'm new here

Do I need to improve grounding/bonding?

Postby Backyardoasis » Tue 23 May, 2023 19:11

I’m in the middle of redoing the paver patio around my pool and wondering if I should improve the pool grounding or bonding while the pavers are removed…

I have about a week until the pavers are to be installed and want to make sure any necessary changes are done while I have the chance..

I have a basic in ground vinyl pool with Hayward 1.5hp pump controlled via mechanical timer and a de filter.. that is fed from my garage electric service (direct from street, separate of house service) off a 20amp 240v circuit. I have a separate gfci 20amp 120v circuit for pool light/electrical outlet at equipment location..

I plan to relocate my pool equipment pad approx 10’ from current location to accommodate cabana build. I have a Pentair gas heater I’ll be installing at that point. I figured I would also install a Pentair easy touch sub panel during that process so I can feed cabana circuits from there. I will trench a new 1.5” pvc conduit back to garage electrical panel and feed with 60-80amp circuit..

My question is- does my pool need a bonding wire run around perimeter of it? I have attached a photo of my grounding setup which just includes a brass ground fitting on a pvc tee fitting, tied in with pump ground lug and running to ground rod at garage panel I’m guessing? (I haven’t seen a grounding rod near equipment pad)

Is this adequate for the new heater and easy touch additions?

Thanks for any advice

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Do I need to improve grounding/bonding?

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 24 May, 2023 16:58

Sorry can't help as I am in the UK and your local codes will dictate what you need to do.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Backyardoasis
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Backyardoasis » Thu 25 May, 2023 09:28

Looks like I had an issue uploading pics.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 May, 2023 08:50

Where you write a post
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”