Build after two years in

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
gteeitup
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: gunite, salt water, 18x40, T shaped. Heyward Omni pump/system.

Build after two years in

Postby gteeitup » Sun 04 Jun, 2023 16:58

New pool owners here. Built a house and a pool at the same time. It appears, only after a year or so that cracking is occurring underneath coping above waterline in different spots. Also, black mold/type of film is appearing in those areas.

An engineer determined that the space between the coping and decking wasn’t wide enough, among some other things. An independent PB came out and listed some code issues that they didn’t adhere to(one expansion joint not close enough to another) but independent company does. Is that odd?

Hired attorney, viewed insurance policy(which doesn’t look like it covers much), also no assets to collect.

Are we missing something? How can a contractor not be insured for their work when the results have obviously not been up to even a decent standard? I can provide pics if that’s necessary. I mean, imagine grout lines in a shower being discolored/and some cracked and having to clean them. Again we noticed this after year one. I understand cracking but this stuff seems oodd.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Build after two years in

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 05 Jun, 2023 02:54

Good luck, sounds a bad situation.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”