Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
syeosock
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pentair Spectrum Amerlite problems

Postby syeosock » Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:50

Is any one aware of any troublesome problems with the Pentair Spectrum Amerlite? I installed one 4 years ago and I am being told that it has to be replaced. One side of the light that accepts a bulb will not work. I am wondering if I should replace it with a cheaper light instead of wasting money on a light fixture that lasts 4 years. I am wondering if anyone else has seen these stop working properly in 4 years...or maybe that is the average life span? Any advice is appreciated!

snicklefrick

Re: Pentair Spectrum Amerlite problems

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 17:50

syeosock wrote:Is any one aware of any troublesome problems with the Pentair Spectrum Amerlite? I installed one 4 years ago and I am being told that it has to be replaced. One side of the light that accepts a bulb will not work. I am wondering if I should replace it with a cheaper light instead of wasting money on a light fixture that lasts 4 years. I am wondering if anyone else has seen these stop working properly in 4 years...or maybe that is the average life span? Any advice is appreciated!

Four years is a good lifespan on the light. How much time is it on each night/week/month? Replace it with a energy efficient Intelilight LED light next time. You'll get 50,000 lamp life out of it.

Luke Norris
President

Tucker, GA

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”