swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
abai97
I'm new here
I'm new here

Approximate Cost of 3M Plaster?

Postby abai97 » Sun 11 Nov, 2007 19:35

Hello,

I have a quick question. My mother's pool contractor may be taking her for a ride. During the negotiations, my mother insisted all along that the 3M brand be used for plastering. Now that it's time for plastering, the company says the negotiated price only included the regular, cheaper material.

The question is: how much, on average, would it cost to plaster a 34x15 pool using the 3M plaster brand? If we had any figures, we would be able to see if the contract price truly reflects the cheaper brand, like the contractor says.

Thank you!

Re: Approximate Cost of 3M Plaster?

Postby Guest » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 17:53

abai97 wrote:Hello,

I have a quick question. My mother's pool contractor may be taking her for a ride. During the negotiations, my mother insisted all along that the 3M brand be used for plastering. Now that it's time for plastering, the company says the negotiated price only included the regular, cheaper material.

The question is: how much, on average, would it cost to plaster a 34x15 pool using the 3M plaster brand? If we had any figures, we would be able to see if the contract price truly reflects the cheaper brand, like the contractor says.

Thank you!

Hello,

Your contractor is right. Skip the 3M brand. I was just at the pool building distributor and they showed me a new Quartz material that is like 3M but at less of a cost. Just because the material is cheaper doesn't mean its cheap quality. If the pool builders references check out and are current. Go with them...

Luke Norris
President

Tucker, GA

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”