swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
juno1996
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Blue Haven Pools of Indianapolis: Building Our Pool

Postby juno1996 » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 13:22

Green Tree,

I can't recommend an attorney at this point. My brother-in-law, an attorney, is helping me but he's doing it as more of a favor...he typically doesn't handle cases near this small.

When the Marion County Sheriff's office attempted to serve the case notification to Blue Haven Pools of Indiana, they indicated that Blue Haven's office location as vacant.

HatemyBlueHavenPool

Blue Haven Pools of Indianapolis: Building Our Pool

Postby HatemyBlueHavenPool » Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:44

Blue Haven built my pool several years ago and it is just a mess. Has never worked properly. ALL MY TILE HAS FALLEN OFF AND I'VE HAD TO REPLACE IT AT GREAT COST! Blue Haven will not call me back. Does anyone know who does Blue Haven's Subcontracting for tile? I hate this company. So. Much.
busyqueenbee

Re: Blue Haven Pools of Indianapolis: Building Our Pool

Postby busyqueenbee » Tue 08 Aug, 2017 14:51

We used Blue Haven to build our pool in South Florida. Horrible experience. Besides the pool issues they screwed up the stamped concrete deck. They ended up chipping it all out and redoing it .. this was after our attorney (a friend) got involved. They are no longer in business in Florida.
juno1996
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: Blue Haven Pools of Indianapolis: Building Our Pool

Postby juno1996 » Thu 26 Sep, 2019 10:37

UPDATE: September, 2019

After several years of repairing/patching the tile on our pool each spring/summer, we finally bit the bullet and REPLACED the entire coping and tile work at the tune of $15,700. The original coping installed by BHP was failing all over with most coping bricks loose.

The silver lining is the contractor I hired is ensuring there's an actual expansion joint between the coping bricks and concrete pool deck and will be using quality mortar. While removing the original coping bricks, it became clear just how poorly the BHP work had been holding up as the material under coping bricks was mostly sand. My contractor indicated to me that BHP probably used a cheap bag of mortar and not the highly-recommended quartz product my contractor uses for this climate.

Even though this was $16K I don't feel I should have had to spend at this point, I am looking forward to years of having this issue behind us once and for all!

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”