How do I build inground pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.

Postby Guest » Tue 31 Mar, 2009 16:47

I have no experience in building an inground pool. First I would need to rip out the existing pool and start from scratch.Is it possible for someone with no experience could build an inground pool. Where on the internet could I learn how to do this.

Postby Guest » Wed 01 Apr, 2009 16:56

Why not build on the existing pool and use that as a starting point. Let us know about the old pool and perhaps send a picture so we can know what we are dealing with.
reo4ua
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x30 gunite

Postby reo4ua » Wed 15 Apr, 2009 17:12

If you perform a search via google, you will find all the info you need. After a nightmare install by Blue Haven Pools, I'm going to go the do-it-yourself route the next time myself.
deWinter
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby deWinter » Fri 01 May, 2009 10:10

I can't answer your question directly.... when I did my pool I kind of half guessed how to do it, with some help from a buddy. I also used http://www.yardshare.com/searchyard.php?pool=Y for the layout idea.

good luck man.
picasam
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x32 gunite

Postby picasam » Fri 01 May, 2009 11:00

I will go to some pool companies in your area. Tell them that you want to build a pool with them and ask them for a list of their subcontractors. You will be surprise that some of the pool companies in your area use they same people to do some of the jobs. One you have the list, call them and work with them.
I built a pool with Blue haven and it was a disaster. I will not recommend anyone to use this company because they are a total fraud. If I have to do it again I will do it and handle the subcontractors myself. At the end, there is not a good pool company, it is the subcontractors what it counts (excavation, plumbin, tile...etc). You willl do a better job supervising the subcontractors that a pool company. I'm not sure were you leave but I leave in TN and I have some numbers and names that will help. (some are from Georgia area)
Here are how we did it!

Postby Here are how we did it! » Tue 19 May, 2009 19:54

Hi,

On the site howwebuiltourpool you can follow our process on how we built our pool in Arizona. Step by step and tips.

8)

Poolbuilder in Arizona

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”