what to landscape with around an above ground pool?

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
chazman819
I'm new here
I'm new here

what to landscape with around an above ground pool?

Postby chazman819 » Thu 08 Jun, 2006 10:26

Hello,

Hope you all can give me some advice. We recently just replaced out 15x30 oval with a 20' round Sharkline pool. In doing this, we also had to take our upper deck down. So now we have a good amount of dirt around the pool, especially from the area where the old pool was.

We are planning to rebuild the deck next year to connect to the new pool, but for the time being at least(and who knows if what I have planned for the deck will actually happen), what will be something good to put around the pool?

The oval pool we had had no "border" around the pool so to speak, so grass was right up to it. I want to avoid that with this pool. I was thinking of like those small white stones as something to go around the pool. Has anyone done anything like this? Keeping in mind of planning to rebuild the deck too, I would preferably need something that would still allow us to set the posts for the new deck as needed.

Thanks

Chaz

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 09:34

we have the lava looking stones inside a 2 foot plant bed with some green plants that grow. We have a flexible wood boarder but our youngest dog is chewing them so this weekend I get to replace with cement boarders, oh fun
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”