Placement of Pool Equipment

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
NewMyPoolDone

Postby NewMyPoolDone » Tue 18 May, 2010 12:24

In choosing the placement for the pool equipment is was previously agreed on that we would be placing it about 25 feet from the edge of the pool.. about 75 feet from the jacuzzi. This placement is below the deck level of the pool by perhaps 8 feet..... My question is will I be suffering from loss of pressure to the jets by this placement? Does moving the equipment closer/same level to the pool give me better pressure? I didn't want it close sue to noise considerations as my other option is right next to the jacuzzi/patio area....
Thoughts on this? I believe the equipment is all Jandywith the exception of the heater which will be a 400,000 btu Hayward electronic ignition....

SteveM1800
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby SteveM1800 » Wed 30 Jun, 2010 12:32

It all depends on what size your pool is, the size of the pump and filter? 25ft is ok, but any farther than that you could experience a loss in pressure. What i have seen is that people usually have theyre system 10 to 15ft away from the pool (the closer the system is to the pool the better prerssure you will get). What hp is your pump?

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”