Cloud issue .tried everything

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Nixonphotos

Cloud issue .tried everything

Postby Nixonphotos » Fri 22 Aug, 2014 23:12

It started with must and algae - we were to to super shock it 6 bags of shock and to add the cleaner to it. We did and now it is cloudy - we have spent a week and several dollars on this issue. I have vacuumed it, shocked it, added clarifier (microfloc), regular floc, pool first aid, new sand, and can not get rid of the cloud. All my readings are above normal readings. Any ideas? Nobody else here has been able to help.

Pool Guyy

Re: Cloud issue .tried everything

Postby Pool Guyy » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 15:34

Time and patience.

After you shock the pool the water often turns cloudy or milky. Adding clarifier, floc or other chemicals will only delay the water clearing. It's a waiting game. The water usually clears within 10 days or 2 weeks.

You do need to run the pump at least 14 hours a day (preferably round the clock) until it clears.
ryz82
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Cloud issue .tried everything

Postby ryz82 » Tue 29 Nov, 2016 15:24

Make sure you coagulate the particles ( Use a good Clarifying agent)
Make sure to turn off the pump for 12 hours and let the particuls flock to the bottom.
Next be sure to vacuum up these flocked particules TIP: Most home owners forget to vacuum to waste or drain so to not bring the particles back into the filter media (i.e. your water supply return in to your pool).

If you always get cloudy water, remember to keep your solar cover off the pool as much as possible and shock regularly ( I recommend HTH Super Shock - once again this can be found at Pool Supplies Canada at a low price.

Good luck All!

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”