Cloudy substance on bottom of pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Bdamosh34
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 22 ft round above ground with sand filter

Cloudy substance on bottom of pool

Postby Bdamosh34 » Sat 27 Jun, 2020 07:34

I’ve been fighting this battle for weeks now. It started out with a green cloudy substance at the bottom of my pool. I was told it was mustard algae. I have gotten rid of the green but a court substance still remains on the bottom of the pool. I try to vacuum it but as soon as I get near it, it stirs up into the pool. I’ve tried shock and clarifier. I’ve run and backwashes my filter over and over. This stuff is driving me crazy. My pool water is pretty clear until i stir this stuff up. PLEASE HELP!!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Cloudy substance on bottom of pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 28 Jun, 2020 03:16

If it's a manual vacuum then do it slowly
Don't use a robot
Bdamosh34
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Bdamosh34 » Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:59

I’ve been using a manual vacuum but no matter how slow i go as soon as I get near this stuff it just kicks up into the water and the water is cloudy. IM at the point where I almost wanna get rid of the pool
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 30 Jun, 2020 16:18

How good is the suction on the vacuum
The only other alternative is to keep stirring it up and let the filter do the work
Bdamosh34
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Bdamosh34 » Wed 01 Jul, 2020 18:29

The suction isn’t great honestly. I saw a post in here about putting a sock on the return so I tried that yesterday and I was amazed at the difference today. Almost completely gone. Thank you for your responses though. Greatly appreciated
ArthurHolo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: inground pool: 10x20, depth of around 5.5 feet, vinyl lined

Postby ArthurHolo » Wed 26 Aug, 2020 22:28

It's good that shocking therapy worked. In this case, as far as I know, to prevent cloudy water, you need to check, monitor, and balance FC, pH, TA b CH levels. For example, if FC is low, you need to shock your swimming pool to fix cloudy water and kill bacteria before you get algae or ammonia in your pool. And don't forget to remove particles and mineral deposits, scrub, and vacuum up the pool. And hopefully, the water will be good

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”