Cloudy water after adding multiaction tablets

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
cadena
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cloudy water after adding multiaction tablets

Postby cadena » Sun 09 May, 2021 13:29

Hi everyone,

These last 2 weeks, it has been really warm and has also rained a lot in my city. Therefore, thewater in my pool became green and began to smell bad. This Thursday 6th May I added 2 multiaction tablets to the basket of the pool motor. The water isn't green and is not smelling bad anymore. After adding the tablets, I left the pool in filter mode for 24 hours and since then I have left it back to automatic but the water is now cloudy (milky white) as you can see in the image attached. I don't know what to do to solve this. Should I add flocculant in case the cloudiness is due to the dead microbes which are still floating ? I would appreciate your help.

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FO_27 ... sp=sharing

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Cloudy water after adding multiaction tablets

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 10 May, 2021 03:18

I suspect that you need to Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels

Let's have your numbers (CYA is very important)
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

Test strips are commonly called guess strips
You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”