My pool was clear and in good shape

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
thailandesco
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: thailandesco

My pool was clear and in good shape

Postby thailandesco » Sat 25 Feb, 2023 13:41

My pool was clear and in good shape until I shocked it and it got all cloudy. I went to a local pool store to have the water tested out and the result came out pretty normal. They advised me to put in some "Ultra Bright" which is a blend of polymers. It has been about 10 hours and I'm not sure I see much improvement.

I'm concerned with why this happened if it was crystal clear before I shocked it and if my water readings came out normal?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: My pool was clear and in good shape

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 26 Feb, 2023 17:11

Unfortunately pretty normal doesn't tell us anything so if you have the actual numbers we can look at?
There can be nacent algae lying in wait and ready to bloom, chlorine will attack anything and oxidise it so if the alage were present but not yet showing and you caught it in time you could have the situation you decried. Why were you shocking the pool? Properly maintained you shouldn't need to. What are you using to chlorinate and shock with. Shocking a pool is a process not a product.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”