poor suction and backwash

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Robynann

poor suction and backwash

Postby Robynann » Wed 21 Jun, 2006 19:19

I am trying to open my parents pool, when I vaccum I loose suction after a few min, suction is not very strong from the beginning, backwash doesnt shoot out fast and far like before. Everything says possible clog. How do I flush the hoses? Above ground, hayward sand filter

southernpool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby southernpool » Mon 26 Jun, 2006 17:34

I HAVE A HAYWOOD FILTER BUT A IN GROUND TRY TO RINCE OR TRY TO RUN IT ON YOUR WASTE LINE AND MAKE SURE ALL YOUR VALVES OARE OPEN AND IT YOU HAVE MORE THEN ON DRAIN/SKIMMER MAKE SEE IF YOU CAN CLOSE THEM AND JUST WORK OFF 1
Once your a winnner you'll be a winner for life

losing pressure when vacumming pool

Postby guest » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 22:17

Robyann: I also have the haywood pump...you may need to check your hoses for holes or leakage..sounds like a bad hose...therefore no pressure..I had this happen to me also..and sure enough it was a hose that had a leak.replaced it and all is fine...YOu can do this when the pool is full..get someone to hold a bucket (flush) with lots of pressure against. the side wall of the pool while you disconnect the hose and check it.. if it is clogged inside...or leaking...be sure to have another hose available so you can replace it right away...if no leaks nor it is not clogged just put it back on...tighten really good with your clamps so it doesn't leak..this is a start..if all that is okay...motor on pump may be going bad and not enough psi...

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”