Need some advise

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Breezer80
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 25,000 inground vinyl liner

Need some advise

Postby Breezer80 » Tue 27 May, 2014 14:32

Good Afternoon, We inherited our pool late last season when we bought our new home. It is a 25,000 gallon inground vinyl liner pool. We are also new parents, and because of that, neglected to close the pool before the start of the New England fall season - it was finally closed in October, but not before getting pretty full of leaves. We did our best to get everything out with a leaf rake, but we knew there was still some left, but had to get it closed before it got worse. We treated the pool & went through normal closing.

As expected, when we opened it a few weeks ago, it was a bit of a mess. Not quite as bad as expected, we did run the filter for a few days before opening which I think helped some. We now have all of our chemicals balanced after shocked the hell out of the thing initially, and are vacuuming daily. However, likely due to the leaves decompsing over the winter, we have some cloudy, viscous water. As I said the chemicals are balanced (per the strips), but we can't get the water clear. We have not tried any clarifiers, or anything else, wanted to check in here to get opinions before we went out & spent a whole bunch on stuff that may not work. Was thinking maybe Super Floc?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Need some advise

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 31 May, 2014 11:26

I would be inclined to let everything settle down on the bottom for a few days, vacuum to waste to stop recirculation. Backwash then add a clarifier

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”