another cloudy pool problem

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
sandra

another cloudy pool problem

Postby sandra » Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:51

Oh I know what may be the problem,, I have one of those put up and take down 14 foot round pools and they are a pain in the you know where.. I bought it three years ago and finally this year have it down pack on what to do,, You see trying to use the tester isn't for chlorine balance and such isn't helping,,So instead everyday at 6:30 I close the pool,,put the pump on for at least 4 hours(run it more at six hours when I can) and add chlorine,and algeside(spelling). Water has been clear till now..
I noticed I had foam on top of water when I used the hose to fill what my kids threw out when slashing,,looked it up and found out it was to much algeside and to fix it not to add anymore for a day or two.. Ok that's what I did,,but it also rained(I always cover the pool)and was muggy so that left it to three days..Uncovered it this morning and it's cloudy,,not to bad though,,can see the bottom..So right away I put the pump on and put 1 litre (says 1 liter for evey 10,000 of water) and some algeside.. Hope it clears up for tomorrow.I guess I should of waited till tonight when the sun went down,but I'll do it again then too.. What I want to know is,,I keep hearing about some kind of chemical to add into the pool to clear it right away.. Can't remember the name.. Anyone know of it and also am I doing the right thing doing what I did today??
Thanks Sandra

Postby Guest » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 08:58

I can't believe that so many people have read my post,but not one can give me an opinon or to tell me if I'm doing the right thing...
,,I can answer that one for my self I guess,,,I went out last night and bought some pucks.. Put the pump on after the sun went down,,threw in a puck, added some more liquid chlorine, after 4 hours I turned pump off,,covered it, and let it take it's course,, Checked this morning and it's half way to being clear.. May take another day or 2 so from now on the puck will stay in when there is no one in the pool and over night with the pool cover on and hopefully the pool will stay clear for the rest of the summer... Hope this helped some people who have a pool like mine,(set up and take down)
pk4217
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby pk4217 » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 23:19

you mean your put pucks directly in your pool? sitting on the bottom of your pool? don't do that, at least get a floater.

if your pool is cloudy but not green, don't need to use algaecide, just keep your level of chlorine at about 1-2ppm during the season. shock it to 10-20ppm if it's green.

keep your TA 80-120ppm, ph 7.2-7.6, Calsium hardness 200-350ppm, then use clarifier to clear your cloudy problem.

Postby Guest » Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:01

pk4217 wrote:you mean your put pucks directly in your pool? sitting on the bottom of your pool? don't do that, at least get a floater.

if your pool is cloudy but not green, don't need to use algaecide, just keep your level of chlorine at about 1-2ppm during the season. shock it to 10-20ppm if it's green.

keep your TA 80-120ppm, ph 7.2-7.6, Calsium hardness 200-350ppm, then use clarifier to clear your cloudy problem.

No,no sorry if I gave the impression of putting the pucks directly in the pool.. I have a floater.. My water is clear now,,lots of depris on bottom,,dead bugs mostly,,,I'm going to vaccum it today and I did add just a little box(didn't have any bigger)of baking soda to it because although it is clear it isn't cyrstal clear. I see depris other then bugs that the filter doesn't suck up, exspecialy when my kids swim around in it,,, every year it is the same,but water is still clear..will the baking soda help this? Isn't it the same as a clarifier,,Let me know so I can buy a clarifier.

I have a hard time getting the chlorine to a level and have it stay that way..It's just a set up pool of 14 feet round.. First year(this is my third year,) so the pump isn't all that strong.. I put it on at least 4 to 6 hours a day..I tried and tried and tried to keep the chlorine at a good level then I finally gave up and now I just add chlorine 1/4 cup to it every night and leave the floater in when I cover it.

Thanks for your help,,I didn't understand all those numbers and Abbrevations,,like Ta and ppm.. Please explain so that if I do check I may contiune to do so for good..
Phillimanilli

Same problem

Postby Phillimanilli » Mon 24 Jul, 2006 20:49

I have the same problem, so I added a chemical that is supposed to make the water clear, which it did, but now I have what appears to be dust on the bottom of the pool, which I can't seem to get rid of. The vacuum doesn’t pick it up and the pump doesn’t seem to be taking it out….any suggestions?

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”