clear,but a little hazy

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
sandra
I'm new here
I'm new here

clear,but a little hazy

Postby sandra » Sun 16 Jul, 2006 14:36

Ok I cleared my pool from being very cloudy to now being able to see the bottom, it's very clear,,but it is still just a little bit hazy, , is putting baking soda in it good to clear this away or cystal clear..Is that what these two products do,,clear that little bit of haze.. I have no algae,no green slim, I remember having the same problem last year,but because there is no green,slime or algae I didn't do anything about it. Can someone tell me why this happens and what it is caused from..Thanks

SANDRA

Postby Guest » Sun 16 Jul, 2006 15:44

I just checked my ph and it is in normal range,,I checked the chlorine level and I have no chlorine.. I have to say again that it is just a set up pool.14 feet around and holds 10,00 liters of water. I have tried for 1 year to keep the chlorine at the recommend level,but gave up because I could never keep it at the right level,,so I never checked the level of chlorine again,Instead I would add chlorine and put the pump on at the end of the day(can't run pump for more than 4 to 6 hours) in a day and not when people are in it) I just bought pucks and put one in a floater and leave it over night along with adding chlorine and then I remove the puck when anyone is in the pool,,but I think I will leave it in all the time.. How come I have such a hard time keeping the chlorine in..Just two days ago when it became cloudy because of not using it for 3 days I shocked it twice.. Once in the morning and another at night..It cleared up the cloudyness,but still just a little hazy on bottom,but now there is no chlorine left in the pool.. Can anyone help me out here.. IF not I give up!

Postby Guest » Mon 17 Jul, 2006 07:08

it's 10,000 liters not 10,00,,sorry about that
Dave S

Water Clear but still a little cloudy

Postby Dave S » Sun 17 Sep, 2006 19:20

I have the same problem as Sandra.
Chlorine and Ph OK.
Pebblecrete finnish.
Just changed sand to Zeolite.
Cant get the 'crystal' clear water.
Neighbour commented apon seeing pool. He has a blue concrete finish.
Can anyone suggest?

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”