Could my pool be cloudy/turbid and unsanitary?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
juanb955
I'm new here
I'm new here

Could my pool be cloudy/turbid and unsanitary?

Postby juanb955 » Thu 22 Dec, 2016 00:43

Hey!

I haven't had it tested yet, its kind of blue/green in the deepest part, but its clear in the shallow part. I have two floating chlorine dispensers with 3 tablets each. Could it be lacking chlorine nonetheless? Could it not be cloudy and still be totally normal to not see the bottom end? Its quite deep, around 2,8 mtrs or 9,18 feet

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Could my pool be cloudy/turbid and unsanitary?

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 17:48

Do you not test your water regularly?, because if you are using the pucks to chlorinate you probably have elevated Cyanuric acid levels rendering your chlorine ineffective.
What has the water been like previously?, that should give an indication if any thing is untoward
You really need to get a proper test kit and post your levels back here (strips and pool store testing are widely inaccurate)
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

My pool:
Pool chemicals:
juanb955
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby juanb955 » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 18:17

I was afraid of Naegleria fowleri. Is it that bad? Is the chlorine useless or not quite as good as it should? I know TFP has high standards. I wont be using it again until its clean but could I die of it?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 24 Dec, 2016 12:28

As you have been told here and in TFP get a test kit and post the numbers back, untill you know your free chlorine and Cyauric acid you are guessing

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”