100 Reasons the pools MILKY....

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Woz-New User

100 Reasons the pools MILKY....

Postby Woz-New User » Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:28

I found this & notice that most of everyones issues are around MILKY pool water.

I was looking & realised the problem is the wife was slapping on SP15 sun lotion with the kids & after 15 minutes was getting into the pool. With the pump turned off & in the sunlight you can see the OILY residue left on the waters surface.

Ive mangd to clear the water due to this problem but it took 3 days of running the PUMP through the day only for 6 hrs+. As the oils will be trapped in your Pumps filter system you will need to use a very mild detergent to help break it up. However this is something that the PUMP manufacturers say not to do, so do so at your OWN RISK.

Intex Easy Set 12'
Filter Pump Krystal Klear Model 604
PH 7.3
CL 3.0

trentcolt
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby trentcolt » Wed 19 Jul, 2006 19:03

I too have the intex pool 4X18 and i have had problems with the sunblock /cloudiness. :roll: Unfortunatly some of us wives burn badly and can't go without unless you want us to look 100 years old, have leather skin and have sun cancer. :cry: I'm not sure i understand though are you saying to wash the filter ? I have been using bleach, borax and baking soda and i am finally seeing clear water today!! 8)

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”