Pool Water Brown After Hard Rain

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Matt1082
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground pool 16,650 gallons with DE filter.

Pool Water Brown After Hard Rain

Postby Matt1082 » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 15:56

Hi,

I’m hoping y’all can help. I owned my in ground pool for over a year now that came with the house I bought. My pool is 16,650 gallons and has a DE filter. I get my water tested at Leslie’s once a week and do what ever they recommend.

We had a really heavy rain last night and my pool water is now a brown color. My pool water was perfectly fine before the rain. The pool pressure was 10 psi higher when I want to check on the pool. I ended up back washing the pool and taking a sample to Leslie’s to see what I needed to do.

The representative said the water chemicals are good and all he would recommend is “ Leslie’s Ultra Brite Water Clarifier” I’m not sure if this product would work for what I need or the rep is just trying to get a sale.

The Leslie’s rep said I could also just let my pool filter run for 24 hours and that could clear up my pool. After getting home I noticed the pool pump PSI is now back up 10 psi higher than from the back wash and I have had this problem all after noon.

If you have any idea on why my pool pump PSI keeps climbing and if it’s normal I would appreciate your advice. Also should I run my
pump or buy the Ultra Brite Water Clarifier?

My next door neighbor’s pool is also the same brow color after the rain.
Attachments
D9B85453-7E2F-476E-AC59-76B03AA9E7EF.jpeg
D9B85453-7E2F-476E-AC59-76B03AA9E7EF.jpeg (22.67 KiB) Viewed 312 times

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool Water Brown After Hard Rain

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 06 Sep, 2018 17:08

If your pressure keeps rising then your filter is doing it's job clearing any debris or organics
Is there any sediment on the floor of the pool (mud)
Run the pump and don't buy the Ultra Brite Water Clarifier?
We always suggest that you test your own water with a FAS/DPD test kit
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool Water Brown After Hard Rain

Postby Teapot » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 00:54

Second everything said by Dennis.
Leslie's can't sell you time and that is what it will take.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”