was green==now cloudy

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
tkarmel

was green==now cloudy

Postby tkarmel » Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:56

THE POOL WAS GREEN-- :shock: SHOCKED WITH SIX BAGS OF SHOCK== :cry: :cry: NOW THE POOL IS CLOUDY. :? NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT. :oops: :oops: DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION ABOUT WHAT I SHOULD TRY :roll: :roll:

Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

was green==now cloudy

Postby Gov » Mon 11 Jul, 2005 21:05

How big of a pool.
Six bags seems like a lot!!!

Should vacuum, backwash, filter to waste.
Repeat until clear.
tkarmel

green**to**cloudy

Postby tkarmel » Tue 12 Jul, 2005 21:10

:oops: :oops: I'm not sure, but my husband believes it to be 20,000-25,000 gallons. The man at the pool store near our home recommended the six bags of shock. :( :( How long should I backwash and filter to waste? :cry: :cry:
BraddockPools
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

floc it...

Postby BraddockPools » Wed 13 Jul, 2005 22:08

Go buy a bottle of Super Floc, Power Floc, or Down N Out. All of them are the same so it doesn't matter which one you use. They are alum based chemicals that bond with suspended particles in your water and drop them to the bottom. Put your pool in recirculate mode then add the Floc through the skimmer. Let the water circulate for 3 hours and then turn off your pump for 24-36 hours. All the suspended particles will settle to the bottom and you can then vac them to waste.

Justin
braddockpools
poollady 58

chlorine

Postby poollady 58 » Sat 29 Jul, 2006 01:25

As a pool owner for 7 years, the one thing that i have learned best is that there is no such thing as "too much chlorine"! The more, the better! It's always better to have more than less! 6 bags of shock is NOTHING! Give it several days, and you should begin to see clear water, as long as all the other chemicals are balanced. Good luck!

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”