How do I filter the fine particles?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
John LeBrun

Postby John LeBrun » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:02

I filled my "sand" filter with zeolite about 11 months ago. Prior to this, using the usal water treatment precautions, the pool water had always remained clear with very few growths of algae. I spent last summer treating the water for algae and dust which settled on the bottom nearly on a weekly basis. The winter cover was installed in late October, but as usual I uncovered it now, late January, to give it a winter clean and get rid of dead leaves that sneak under the cover in windy periods. Much to my surprise the water was green with algae. So much so that I could not see the bottom (1.5 metres deep) of the pool. The algae could be partially shifted with a brush but appeared to have gone into the pool paint.

Filling the filter with zeolite was a costly mistake. I would suggest to empty the filter and use correct, unadulterated, plain filter sand. You'll not get fine dust, algae and such problems and the water will remain clearer

Big Tuna

Postby Big Tuna » Tue 28 May, 2013 14:35

How do I remove zeo dust from my pool? I did not backwasch long enough after installing new zeo. Cant seem to remove the white milky paste.
Is there a chemical for this?
HELP???

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”