Pool water full of debris, cloudy

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Kel~

Pool water full of debris, cloudy

Postby Kel~ » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 08:28

My son opened our pool way to early, spilling all the leaves and debris into the pool when opening it. It was a warm day, but the temp dropped the next day and way too cold out, so the pool was let go for a few months. I have tried everything, taking samples to be tested at the pool supply place, talked to them about the problem... Using 150.00 in chemicals the water is still cloudy I have spent 3 weeks trying to get this water back to normal, running the filter on high 24/7. So, Yesterday I emptied the pool 1/2 way down, and found that there was green algea and tons of debris. I tried to vacume, but it didn't have any suction due to the pool being low, so I filled it back up, added shock and have run it since last night. The pool cloudyness looks the same as it did before I emptied it. I tried floc at the beginining of the season , and it went clear, but when I vacumed it just clouded up again, couldn't see what I was doing. Should I try that again? I am just at a stand still, I don't know what to do anymore!

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 09:52

The first thing you must do is make sure you have removed all the debris from the pool or it will never clear. Can you see the bottom at all? Have you tried scooping out as much junk as you can with a leaf net?

When you do vacuum all that junk, do it to waste or you will just quickly clog your filter.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 13:22

What are your current test readings?

It can take several days to clear up.
Kel

Postby Kel » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 14:51

I think I may have found the source of the problem. Today, I got inside the pool and tried to vacume it again. I found that I had very little suction. My pump , Filter type, is only 1 yr old. I have been cleaning it, at least once a week... I am getting a white creamy coating on the filter.. the chemicals? So, I took everything apart and cleaned it, pump, hoses everything. The flow does seem a little stronger, I am going to try vacuming again after the rain stops... I hope I have solved the problem??

As far as debris, it's mostly little pieces.. leaves in pieces, but yes, I have tried to get that out as much as possible with the hand skimmer. And I can only see about 1 foot down.

My last test readings are no good now, since I refilled half the pool with tap water.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”