broken salt generator

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
peak1
I'm new here
I'm new here

broken salt generator

Postby peak1 » Tue 12 Jun, 2007 18:27

i have a 17000 gallon gunite pool that the saltgenerator broke on. while i was waiting for the pool company to fix it, the pool filled with green algae. they dumped shock in it when they fixed the generator and now the pool is a cloudy green. i took a sample to the local pool store and it read their was no free chlorine in there and the ph was high. i hit my boost and dumped in a half gallon of acid as the suggested but its still cloudy. any ideas? im kinda dumb with this, its the first problem i've had.

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Tue 12 Jun, 2007 22:33

The cloudiness is probably the dead algae in the water. Keep your chlorine levels up and your pH on the low side of the range and keep your pump running 7/24. It should clear on it's own in 3 days to a week.

Make sure you are vacuuming and backwashing regularly.
peak1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby peak1 » Wed 13 Jun, 2007 09:26

pool is now blue but still cloudy. i put some chlorine tablets in the skimmer to keep the level up. is it possible to add too much muriatic acid to the pool? i want to get the ph and alk down?
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Thu 14 Jun, 2007 01:18

Oh yeah, it's possible to add too much acid to a pool.

What is your pH and TA sitting at, now? I can tell you how much to apply and how to apply it to affect each reading properly.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”