cloudy slightly green

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
nycguy

cloudy slightly green

Postby nycguy » Sat 16 Jun, 2007 07:33

ok heres the deal.. my pool was sparkling clean.. in came the rain.. next mornining i had slight cloudyness.. i tested.. ph was around normal. but my TA was slightly high.. i dropped some ph minus in to hopefully drop my TA along with my Ph and if that worked later attend to the low ph.. however this was not working.. i went about shocking over night.. i woke up this morning to no changes except my pool now has a slightly green tint.... my pool is in ground 25,000 gallons/.. any ideas?

amanda221

Re: cloudy slightly green

Postby amanda221 » Sat 16 Jun, 2007 07:50

nycguy wrote:ok heres the deal.. my pool was sparkling clean.. in came the rain.. next mornining i had slight cloudyness.. i tested.. ph was around normal. but my TA was slightly high.. i dropped some ph minus in to hopefully drop my TA along with my Ph and if that worked later attend to the low ph.. however this was not working.. i went about shocking over night.. i woke up this morning to no changes except my pool now has a slightly green tint.... my pool is in ground 25,000 gallons/.. any ideas?

Shouldn't rain drop your TA?
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 16 Jun, 2007 12:56

Sounds like copper to me. Do you have a heater? Your pH may have dropped enough to cause the heater to lose some copper from the fittings, coils, etc.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”