Help! Really cloudy pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
ctnew

Help! Really cloudy pool

Postby ctnew » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:47

New too pools-Been working on my pool for about a month now Got it from a dark green to a light pale blue but still can't see to bottom. Over the past few days clarity of the pool has gotten a little bit better. Before I couldn't see my hand with just my wrist in. Now I can faintly see my hand when I put my arm in up to my elbow.

Its a 6,500 gal above ground vinyl lined pool

Here are my readings:

Hardness: 100
FC: 1/2
pH: 7.5
TA: 180
CA: 0

The water is a light pale blue with very poor visibility. I have had the filter running for two days and I vacuumed and put 3 bags of shock in. Any help?

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Help! Really cloudy pool

Postby Backglass » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 13:54

ctnew wrote:New too pools-Been working on my pool for about a month now Got it from a dark green to a light pale blue but still can't see to bottom. Over the past few days clarity of the pool has gotten a little bit better. Before I couldn't see my hand with just my wrist in. Now I can faintly see my hand when I put my arm in up to my elbow.

Its a 6,500 gal above ground vinyl lined pool

Here are my readings:

Hardness: 100
FC: 1/2
pH: 7.5
TA: 180
CA: 0

The water is a light pale blue with very poor visibility. I have had the filter running for two days and I vacuumed and put 3 bags of shock in. Any help?

You will need to run the filter for at least a week...24/7. You should also keep your chlorine at 3+ until it clears. You need some CYA (stabilizer). Three bags of shock in a 6500 gallon pool at once?! :shock: You should have a FC level of at least 15 after that! But you have a CYA level of zero which explains why it goes away so fast, 30-50ppm.

Are you sure the bottom is clean? No piles of hidden leaves?

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”