Thanks for helping out!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
BcCarr
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Doughboy 18 foot above ground. Sand filter

Thanks for helping out!!

Postby BcCarr » Mon 06 May, 2019 16:16

First and foremost I want to say thanks for all the help. My pool is clear and numbers on point thanks to all of you guys.

Now, we’re about to get a week of rain here in Texas, what can I do or what do you guys do when you have a rainy forecast? Thanks again guys!!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Thanks for helping out!!

Postby Teapot » Tue 07 May, 2019 00:39

Rain brings a few issues, it's often carrying dirt etc and often a pH of 6 ish. That usually means most of your free chlorine will be used up during or after the rain. Getting more chlorine in the pool either before or soon after can avoid the problems you have just recovered from. That is why I fully endorse a chlorine dosing pump. They keep the chlorine level up at what you set by measuring the level and adjusting it. Manual testing is still required as even dosing unit test probes can play up and require cleaning.
BcCarr
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Doughboy 18 foot above ground. Sand filter

Re: Thanks for helping out!!

Postby BcCarr » Tue 07 May, 2019 13:59

Teapot wrote:Rain brings a few issues, it's often carrying dirt etc and often a pH of 6 ish. That usually means most of your free chlorine will be used up during or after the rain. Getting more chlorine in the pool either before or soon after can avoid the problems you have just recovered from. That is why I fully endorse a chlorine dosing pump. They keep the chlorine level up at what you set by measuring the level and adjusting it. Manual testing is still required as even dosing unit test probes can play up and require cleaning.

Thanks I appreciate the reply

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”