VERY cloudy water....please help

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
moosejg24
I'm new here
I'm new here

VERY cloudy water....please help

Postby moosejg24 » Wed 04 Jul, 2007 09:52

:( I bought my pool at THE GREAT ESCAPE POOL STORE last year. My water is really cloudy and seems to be getting worse. Store told me to super shock it, 5 in 1 clearifer and add stablizer. Well, after i did it got worse and then they told me not to use super shock because i got the nature2 purifer and to use non cholrine shock. Added 2 pounds of that and now my water is even worse. Here are my readings:

PH 7.2 (ok)
free chlorine 0.5 (low but rising)
total alkalinity 80 (ok)
stabilizer 30-50 (ideal)

Someone told me to add algaecide 10, didnt seem to do anything. ANY help would be great

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2007 16:57

How long do you run your filter for?
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: VERY cloudy water....please help

Postby Backglass » Thu 05 Jul, 2007 09:48

moosejg24 wrote::( I bought my pool at THE GREAT ESCAPE POOL STORE last year. My water is really cloudy and seems to be getting worse. Store told me to super shock it, 5 in 1 clearifer and add stablizer. Well, after i did it got worse and then they told me not to use super shock because i got the nature2 purifer and to use non cholrine shock. Added 2 pounds of that and now my water is even worse. Here are my readings:

PH 7.2 (ok)
free chlorine 0.5 (low but rising)
total alkalinity 80 (ok)
stabilizer 30-50 (ideal)

Someone told me to add algaecide 10, didnt seem to do anything. ANY help would be great

Well with those numbers I would say your purifier isnt purifying. :lol: I don't know anything about the Nature 2, but I do know that your water needs chlorine. .5 is practically nothing.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”