Past Flocculant

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Midwest

Past Flocculant

Postby Midwest » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 09:49

So, I wrote on these forums a few weeks ago about having cloudy water. I noted that our 115,000 gallon and 55 gallon (diving) pools were fairly cloudy, yet pool readings were in the OK. (ph, Chlor, TA, etc.)

We used a heavy dose of floc, about 2 weeks ago - shut down system after an hour, came in next day and vaccuumed it out - and when our water was still cloudy by yesterday we decided to floc the pools again. Much to my delight at 5 in the morning there was no debris clumped on the bottom, it was as if the floc went straight to waste.

I'm starting to think that the sand filter we were guarenteed to work for something like 10 years is messing up something. Maybe it's the use of granular chlorine? I feel everytime we add more chemicals it just gets worse... does anyone have any idea what could be wrong if floc didnt do anything?

Midwest

lol

Postby Midwest » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 10:51

...so at about 10:45 small brown globs started forming, as we open the pool at 11, we just super shocked the pool with liquid chlorine and now i have no idea what to do or why the floc took 5 to 6 hours longer than normal...
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 19:38

Floc can take up to 48 hours to kick in. Since you stirred everything back up with your pump you delayed the action. You can either shut of the pump again for 24 hours and let it all settle or just let your skimmers grab it.
gentay

Postby gentay » Sun 17 Aug, 2008 09:35

i used that floc produst and followed the instructions,vaccumed out the next day and it turned my pool water greeeeen,now i am not sure how to clear the water back to normal,any help would be appreciated
Ohio

floc

Postby Ohio » Thu 21 Aug, 2008 08:48

8) I just used super floc 2 days ago. I did not run the pump at all. The first day it got about half clear. This morning I could see all the way to the bottom. The bottom had a layer of white stuff that looked like snow. I have a sand filter about 10+ years. Before I Vaced the floc up I was told to put the Filter to (waste) so the white stuff won't get pumped back in. Right now after vacuming up MOST of the floc I am adding water to the pool and it did get alittle cloudy again. I'll give it 8 more hours and I'll Vac again to waste.

Re: Past Flocculant

Postby Guest » Mon 01 Sep, 2008 08:30

Midwest wrote:So, I wrote on these forums a few weeks ago about having cloudy water. I noted that our 115,000 gallon and 55 gallon (diving) pools were fairly cloudy, yet pool readings were in the OK. (ph, Chlor, TA, etc.)

We used a heavy dose of floc, about 2 weeks ago - shut down system after an hour, came in next day and vaccuumed it out - and when our water was still cloudy by yesterday we decided to floc the pools again. Much to my delight at 5 in the morning there was no debris clumped on the bottom, it was as if the floc went straight to waste.

I'm starting to think that the sand filter we were guarenteed to work for something like 10 years is messing up something. Maybe it's the use of granular chlorine? I feel everytime we add more chemicals it just gets worse... does anyone have any idea what could be wrong if floc didnt do anything?
:o :D
fast rob

Past Flocculant

Postby fast rob » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 05:35

[quote=you need to hoover the pool to waste the particals are too small for sand filters"Midwest"]So, I wrote on these forums a few weeks ago about having cloudy water. I noted that our 115,000 gallon and 55 gallon (diving) pools were fairly cloudy, yet pool readings were in the OK. (ph, Chlor, TA, etc.)

I'm starting to think that the sand filter we were guarenteed to work for something like 10 years is messing up something. Maybe it's the use of granular chlorine? I feel everytime we add more chemicals it just gets worse... does anyone have any idea what could be wrong if floc didnt do anything?[/quote]
[quote][/quote]

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”