Baquacil Pool Cloudy

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
sentry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Baquacil Pool Cloudy

Postby sentry » Mon 15 Oct, 2007 17:09

Hi, ok some background

15x30x52"
baquacil standard system
200lb sand filter
Located in MA
running filter 9hrs a day

about 2 months ago the pool got real cloudy almost over night, very very milky white couldnt see 6 inches down, brought sample to local pool store and they told me the levels were perfect and it might be pink algea (even though i told them it was white) i treated the pool and added 2 gallons of baquacil shock 2 weeks late 24hrs running filter no change at all... so i changed the filter over to zeobrite sand, added flock to pool and double dose of shock... this helped a bit as i could now see 2 feet down aprox... and after 2 more weeks of running filter 24hrs i could see the bottom, but it was still merky and cloudy... after spending alot of money i shut down the filter as we were in september and it was getting to cold to use... now today 3 weeks later i finally went out to pull the solar cover off and get ready to winterize and guess what the pool is 100% crystal clear... what was going on?? any info would be appreciated

update:
i pulled the solar cover off and took a better look, there is alot of white almost powder clumped up in bunches on the bottom of the pool, i went to vac and they plumed all over the pool they look like tiny small snow flakes... any ideas?

Chris

Daniel mc Daid
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Daniel mc Daid » Mon 14 Jan, 2008 03:22

THis sounds like an algie problem alright so you will be needing to get a good algicide. Also are you backwashing enough and will you check your PH levels as well if your PH is high you Chlorine if thats what your using will not work. Your ideals levels for your PH should be around 7.2-7.4 this is the safest most effective zone for your chlorine to be in anything over 7.5 and the effectiveness of your chlorine will be about 30%.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”