MILKY WATER

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
J M

MILKY WATER

Postby J M » Mon 19 May, 2008 20:59

Took cover off sat 17th water looked like a swamp. three days later water looks like milk.D.E.filter brand new bought end of last season, inground gunite pool 21,000 gals, backed washed 5-6 times tons of shock

hardness 100
total chlorine 5
free chlorine 3
ph 6.8
alk 120

Pool is 8yrs old

HELP

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Tue 20 May, 2008 22:10

What is your CYA? You need to keep your pool at shock level but I would need to know what your CYA is first. You need to brush daily and vacuum often. What is the active ingredient in the shock you are using?
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
jm

MILKY WATER

Postby jm » Thu 22 May, 2008 16:13

My CYA is 20

,So it is not earth leaking back into pool?, when I run my polaris and empty the bag it like sand,almost like glass chips
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Thu 22 May, 2008 18:17

You need to vacuum your pool thoroughly (preferably to "waste"). Do you have a multiport valve with your DE filter or a simple push/pull valve? If you havent had drainage issues with dirt washing into the pool in the past then i doubt that is the problem. With a CYA of 20 your shock level FC is about 13ppm. You need to get the FC to this level then make sure it holds overnight. This ensures all organic debris is dead. Brushing everyday and vacuum as often as possible to help remove settling debris.
APSP Certified Service Pro

Jandy Tech School

Pentair Tech Training

Raypak Heater School

5 yrs experience

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”