Used Bleach, Now what?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Lisa H
I'm new here
I'm new here

Used Bleach, Now what?

Postby Lisa H » Wed 16 Jul, 2008 10:11

I had a problem with algea for about a week and tried everything. I knew my dad had used bleach in the past so I decided to try it. I used it last night and it killed it all however, now I am left with cloudy blue water.

I am running the filter now and am assuming eventually it will clear.

Any suggestions?

Intex Pool
18x24x12 4'

I don't have detailed water measurements since I've only been using the little kit provided to me with the pool to measure the chlorine and the ph. The chlorine level is off the charts...and the Ph is around 7.2-7.4.

New Intex Pool Owner

Postby Guest » Wed 16 Jul, 2008 15:14

1. Intex pools from all I've read don't have the best filter setup so it will take awhile for the pool to clear. It should clear but may take longer than you would like.

2. A top of the line test kit would be very nice to have. Unless you know the chemical balance of the pool it's hard to know what to do.
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Wed 16 Jul, 2008 17:32

Yes the pool will clear but keep that chlorine level up with the bleach. You need to keep it high until the water clears. Run the system 24hrs/day and clean the filter often. Cloudy blue is normal after killing all the algae.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
Kayla

How much bleach can be used in pool and how safe is it?

Postby Kayla » Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:42

muss08 wrote:Yes the pool will clear but keep that chlorine level up with the bleach. You need to keep it high until the water clears. Run the system 24hrs/day and clean the filter often. Cloudy blue is normal after killing all the algae.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”