baracuda problems

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
ivanaatrump

baracuda problems

Postby ivanaatrump » Sun 30 Nov, 2008 23:27

[b] hi people

How i need your help i have moved over to oz from england and have a wonderful in ground salt pool we are renting and have a pool man that comes round once a month we seem to be spending money hand over fist and i still have the same problem which is this.......

When i use my baracuda on filter it gets slower and slower until it stops moving completly.

you will laugh at this bit.....

there is a clear cylinder with what looks like two cells in it which the water runs past, well what ever this thing is when filter mode is used its only half full and the water flow is slow

if i change the dial to recirculate the water flow in there is ten times faster and the baracuda starts working and has much more power ...

I then change it back to filter for a while all is well but the watwer flow slows and the baracuda stops again

All the filters i can see are clean

The only thing i have not touched is the big tank that has an air blead plug on top and a pressure guage, do i need to clean this out as this is where i thing the problem lies

i have told all of the to my pool man but all he seem to do is put load of stuff in the pool to make the water go clear then 3 days later the baracuda slow down the water go murky and off i go again

please please help me

Anthonyo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: baracuda problems

Postby Anthonyo » Fri 16 Jan, 2009 21:22

It sounds like you need to give your filter a really good backwash say 4 or 5 minutes, keep your eye on the waste line and see if the water goes clear if not keep backwashing untill it goes clear then rince then go back to filter mode and see how it goes. if this dosn't help you mite need a skimtrol plate

ivanaatrump wrote:[b] hi people

How i need your help i have moved over to oz from england and have a wonderful in ground salt pool we are renting and have a pool man that comes round once a month we seem to be spending money hand over fist and i still have the same problem which is this.......

When i use my baracuda on filter it gets slower and slower until it stops moving completly.

you will laugh at this bit.....

there is a clear cylinder with what looks like two cells in it which the water runs past, well what ever this thing is when filter mode is used its only half full and the water flow is slow

if i change the dial to recirculate the water flow in there is ten times faster and the baracuda starts working and has much more power ...

I then change it back to filter for a while all is well but the watwer flow slows and the baracuda stops again

All the filters i can see are clean

The only thing i have not touched is the big tank that has an air blead plug on top and a pressure guage, do i need to clean this out as this is where i thing the problem lies

i have told all of the to my pool man but all he seem to do is put load of stuff in the pool to make the water go clear then 3 days later the baracuda slow down the water go murky and off i go again

please please help me

Baracuda problems

Postby Guest » Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:08

Yup! That's your filter and it must be cleaned regularly too.
Describe the filter and the "dial" thingy and we can help you backwash or clean the filter out.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”