pool blue but cannot see deep

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
stephen

Postby stephen » Sat 22 Aug, 2009 16:57

I have a pool which is looking blue but cannot see deep down. in getting into teh pool the pool turns thick green. I have cleaned teh filter, vacummed the floor. There is slight debris on the bottom which i see on the robotic cleaner. the chlorine level does not get to the required level .the ph is on the higher side.I have added teh necessary things suggested by the local shop. no effect. any suggestions. Steve

Camden
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: I have a 16000 gallons water capacity, rectangular with an oval shape at shallow end, plaster all around, filter grid

Pool blue but cannot see deep

Postby Camden » Sat 22 Aug, 2009 22:31

stephen wrote:I have a pool which is looking blue but cannot see deep down. in getting into teh pool the pool turns thick green. I have cleaned teh filter, vacummed the floor. There is slight debris on the bottom which i see on the robotic cleaner. the chlorine level does not get to the required level .the ph is on the higher side.I have added teh necessary things suggested by the local shop. no effect. any suggestions. Steve

Steve, it looks like you got live algae; use the appropriate algaecide oz for your pool, be careful not to much it will foam up your pool, then broadcast 1 or 2 gallons of liquid chlorine, use little at a time, then the most important thing is clean your filter again and again; try cleaning your filters and you would be surprise what you will find, don't take my words for it try it every other day. Next put Diatomite powder in the skimmer, this will catch all dead algae and make sure to sweep the bottom and again I will tell you to clean the filter until you no longer see algae, Diatomite powder debris, chips, etc...Then when you notice a slight clear different or much different; buy a bottle of Clarifier, it's blue thick liquid pour that in the most cloudiest water, make sure you read the manufacture instruction on how much to put every chemical, don't give up, I almost did but I did everything that I listed in here; it took me about 2 weeks doing this and cost me a bunch plus the pump electric bill, the new filters grid, nothing the pool guys told me worked, I always ended up buying something for nothing
stephen

Postby stephen » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 09:04

thanks for the suggestion.... let me try that.. shall let you know if it works..

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”